Coco Peat Briquette (650 Grams, 9 Litre)
Coco Peat is a natural fibre made out of coconut husks.
Coco Peat Briquettes are dried in the natural Sun and processed into compressed brick forms. It makes them easy to use as all you need to do is add water to the block and the block will puff up into moist fluffy Coco Peat.
Advantages of Coco Peat:
- Water retention and drainage - Coco Peat holds water well and it can hold up to 8-9 times its weight in water. Since the material is fibrous, moisture drains well to the bottom of the container.
- Low compaction - Its tough, coarse fibres resist crushing which means more airspace and more oxygen can reach roots.
- Environmentally-friendly - Coco peat is a 100% natural and biodegradable.
- Nutrient balance - High-quality Coco Peat is known to have a neutral pH balance.
How to Use:
- Place the briquette in a large bucket. Add enough amount of water (for 650g, we recommend around 2-3 Litres of water) to saturate it.
- Allow the dry Coco Peat to sit in the water for 20-30 mins so that it can become loose and absorb the water. Add more water if it looks dry. Once you see the moist and loose Coco Peat, it is ready to use.
- To Mix Into Rich Soil - Coco Peat can be directly incorporated into the garden soil to improve water retention, aeration and decrease the risk of the soil fungus and root diseases.
- To Create a Soil-less Potting Mix - Coco Peat can be used as a soil-less growing medium for potted plants. Most gardeners like to mix and customise their own ratio of Coco Peat, Perlite, Pumice, Vermiculite, Coco Chips and Fertiliser (Compost) according to their liking.
Please also check out NParksSG's YouTube Video in Preparing Soil Media;
* Please kindly understand that plants are living things.
* Product photos shown are for reference only. Actual plant colour, type, size and arrangement may differ from photos.
* All products shown are subjected to availability of products in stock.
* Price quoted are only for purchases at our garden centre and is subjected to change.