Coco Chip Briquette (500 Grams, 6 Litre)
Coco Chips (Coconut Husk) is an organic and natural mulch made from coconut shells.
The durable Coconut fibre husk-chips can withstand harsh weather and break down at a more measured and even rate than bark chips making them a highly sustainable alternative to other options.
Advantages of Coco Peat:
- Moisture retention - Coco Chip holds more water, air and nutrients than bark chips and does not dry out as quickly
- Cost effective - Coco Chip contains five times more lignin than bark chips so it doesn’t break down as quickly
- Environmentally-friendly - Coco Chip is a 100% natural and biodegradable.
- Nutrient balance - Coco Chip is known to have a neutral pH balance.
How to Use:
- Place the briquette in a large bucket. Add enough amount of water (for 500g, we recommend around 2 Litres of water) to saturate it.
- Allow the dry Coco Chip to sit in the water for 30-45mins so that it can become loose and absorb the water. Add more water if it looks dry. Once you see the moist and loose Coco Chips, it is ready to use
As a Potting Medium – Usually used as a potting medium for orchids, succulents, kalanchoes, anthuriums and bromeliads.
- To Create a Soil-less Potting Mix - Coco Peat can be used as a soil-less growing medium for potted plants. Most gardeners like to mix and customise their own ratio of Coco Peat, Perlite, Pumice, Vermiculite, Coco Chips and Fertiliser (Compost) according to their liking.
Please also check out NParksSG's YouTube Video in Preparing Soil Media;
* Please kindly understand that plants are living things.
* Product photos shown are for reference only. Actual plant colour, type, size and arrangement may differ from photos.
* All products shown are subjected to availability of products in stock.
* Price quoted are only for purchases at our garden centre and is subjected to change.